Categories Of Pumps And Their Meanings:
Generally, vacuum pumps are categorized as per their operating functions. There are so many of them available like the booster pumps, primary pumps, and even secondary pumps. Each pressure range has several types allotted to them. Each one will have different working technology and comes with unique advantages. Their features will vary in flow rate, capacity, maintenance requirements and more. Regardless of design, the basic operation remains more or less the same.
The primary vacuum pump service is associated with removing air molecules and other gas particles from the vacuum chamber. While reducing the pressure inside the chamber, you can remove molecules with a little bit of luck. The industrial based vacuum system is designed to operate over a portion of the larger pressure range, which can be within 1 to 10-6 Torr pressure. In case of the scientific and research application, this pressure can be extended to 10-9 Torr or even lower. For accomplishing this result, there are several types of pumps used in a pump system. Each one is designed to cover a single pressure range and operated in various series to be sure.
Get To The Types:
Before you jump right for the vacuum pump service, it is always mandatory for you to learn more about the types. You can categorize the vacuum pumps as per the requirements.
- The first one is the Rough Vacuum Pumps: These are widely used in those areas in need of the level of vacuum less than 10-3 Torr. Some of the examples are freeze drying, degassing and cryogenics.
- Lab or the Filtration Vacuum Pumps: This is yet another type of pump, designed for drying, filtering, degassing and even for the evaporation practices. These filtration or the lab pumps are designed for pressure and vacuum capabilities.
- High Vacuum Pumps: These pumps are for the vacuums higher than 10-3 Torr. This type of vacuum pump service is widely used for electric microscopy, mass spectroscopy, space simulation and even for evaporation coating.
- Dry Pumps: This kind of pump is designed for presenting clean vacuum over the current vacuum range. You need to provide these systems with little bit of maintenance and do not have to generate waste materials. The initial cost of these pumps is a bit higher. The dry pumps versions comprise of scroll, piston, diaphragm and turbo molecular pumps.
- Water-Based Products: Another one in the list of vacuum pump service happens to be the water-based ones. These pumps are designed to offer rough vacuum, which is available at much lower rates and with minimal maintenance of course.
Going For The Repair:
Sometimes, after using vacuum pump service for quite some time, the pumps might start showing some signs of issues and problems. It means you have to call the experts for pump repair, service and reconditioning. The experts will be able to work for stokes Microvac rotary pump lines, rotary vane pumps, roots types of booster blowers, oil vapor pumps and Kinney piston pumps.